We are in search of a qualified Testing Lead to join our team and assist with a client's implementation of Cerner. The Testing Lead organizes, and manages activities for the testing of software releases in anticipation of promotion to the production environment. Provides technical support to software developers and business unit personnel in executing and managing test processes and procedures. The Testing Lead is responsible for Testing Strategy and Approach; Application and Integration Test: Planning, Execution, and Defect Management. This position will report to the client's Program Manager. The Testing Lead position will be located with a client based in the Southern US.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Plan, manage and monitor all test activities for a specific software release(s) from project initiation through production deployment.
- Oversee exit/entrance criteria and signoffs which demonstrate adherence to process and quality assurance.
- Work with cross functional application teams to manage and execute testing.
- Lead the creation of test plans and test scripts.
- Manage test execution including regression testing.
- Manage the identification of defects, issues and concerns encountered during testing.
- Drive defect resolution during testing.
- Create and present testing status to all levels of management.
- Takes responsibility for the production and approval of all testing deliverables and achievement of testing milestones during a project.
- Coordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of iterative releases.
- Collaborates with clients/users and senior staff as required to define the testing strategy to be employed for development projects.
- Utilize testing knowledge and experience to assess and advice on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
- Handle a variety of recurring and non-recurring or special assignments.
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in testing.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Manages all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Communicate effectively across technical and application teams.
- Supports go-live / command center activities as needed.
- 5-7 years minimum previous experience with software testing required.
- 3-5 years of experience of ability to provide the solution when faced with testing problem preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with test tools preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience with test process and lifecycle management preferred.
- Healthcare IT background required.
Implementation Project Roles include:
- Ability to guide and advise less experienced business systems analysis personnel. Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology processes and documentation.
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and good practices for protecting the integrity of corporate data and associated processing, company technology practices, standards and procedures.
- Familiarity with an EMR and/or Cerner application testing processes is highly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Motivation – Self-motivated, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills: Ability to organize work in order to meet weekly schedule of activities, ability to track, prioritize and handle multiple activities with a high degree of interruption.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail: Is thorough and ensures that responses to queries and problems are complete and accurate.
- Collaborative: Establishes good working relationships with application teams and colleagues.
- Shares knowledge; is approachable for help.
- Travel is required.
Cumberland's Provider Division provides high-quality project management, planning, analysis and implementation support services to client's in the acute care, ambulatory, and post-acute/long-term care markets. We offer advisory services related to affiliate solutions, system selection and planning, assessments, total implementation cost envelope development, and contract negotiation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.