We are in search of a Cerner Implementation Project Manager for the client's Cerner implementation project. This position manages the facility side of a Cerner implementation in a multi-hospital environment. The Cerner Implementation Project Manager position will be located with a client based in the Southern US.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience leading the facility based implementation team(s) activities including: current state collection, future state design, build, test, acceptance, training, implementation, and post implementation support.
- Responsible for managing the facilities implementation schedule including data conversion and cutover activities.
- 3-5 years of experience with coordinating and monitoring facility project team resources and implementation activities.
- Ability to monitor progress via project plans and /or project managers with regard to localized design modifications, system validation, data conversion, end-user training, cut-over plans, go-live readiness, and post go-live support.
- Work closely with hospital staff (Super users, nurses, administrative personnel, etc.) to implement integrated applications, resolve conflicts, and ensure smooth operations in areas where application scope overlaps with other functions.
- Collaborate with all services to achieve optimal cooperation in software implementation.
- Reviewed (or designate the review of) related policies and procedures; determine and make appropriate changes or create new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Monitored testing activities and results. Identify discrepancies, resolve problems and suggest improvements to testing activities and plans; mitigate risks.
- Assisted in developing the preliminary system architecture plan and implementation strategy.
- Ability to identify and resolve global design issues.
- Providing consultation on process design alternatives and decisions.
- Ability to drive testing and change control activities and processes throughout the implementation and post go live.
- Ability to assist in the development, monitoring, and management implementation work plans.
- Ability to coordinate Unit, System, Integration and History Upload Testing Events with all project teams, tracks testing completion, and escalates issues to the Project Manager as needed Requirements.
- Proven understanding of how clinical applications affect healthcare workflows in a variety of clinical areas. Clinical degrees or certifications preferred.
- Extensive computer skills, including ability to troubleshoot problems/issues, understand database environments, and work daily with users to promote a positive EHR environment.
- Ability to modify standard practices and adapt computer systems to solve a variety of computer software problems.
- Proven understanding of the clinical care process, hospital organization, and the Cerner Millennium environment to include application parameters, customization potential, and interdependencies among Cerner applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the patient medical record.
- Sufficient motivation, organization, and diplomatic skill to fill the role with minimal supervision, typically seen with at least five (5) years of experience with Cerner systems at a broad, integration level.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; the ability to plan, coordinate, implement and complete projects on schedule.
- Experience with large, complex, multi-domain implementations, using a multiple domain approach.
- Flexibility to modify precedents or start anew in recognition of the specialized requirements of some projects.
- Proven ability to work with team members and administration in incorporating necessary changes to both course curriculum and teaching methodology.
- Ability to utilize education and experience with healthcare systems and hospital administration in examining routine and highly complex operational systems and problems (either potential or real), and determine action necessary to resolve those issues.
Cumberland's Provider Division provides high-quality project management, planning, analysis and implementation support services to client's in the acute care, ambulatory, and post-acute/long-term care markets. We offer advisory services related to affiliate solutions, system selection and planning, assessments, total implementation cost envelope development, and contract negotiation.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.